“Creative activities can relieve stress, aid communication, and help arrest cognitive decline. Art is good medicine and art is good prevention, especially in times of stress and anxiety.”- Harvard Health.
Study Finds Making Art Can Reduce Your Stress (No Matter How Skilled You Are)– Lifehack.
ZOOM Art Class for adults on Thursdays @6:30 pm-7:30 pm PST. $25 pp
Join me for a fun ZOOM art class for adults. I use acrylic or soft pastels for my demo but all mediums are welcome. You can paint along with me or sit back ,enjoy your drink and be inspired to paint at your own pace later. If you want to paint with me, you will need painting surface of your choice (paper, canvas or panel), painting medium (water color, tempura, acrylics, crayons, oil pastels or markers) and desire to have fun with color. You can also have some pencils and an eraser handy to make the sketch. We will talk about breaking down the painting into simple shapes and I will offer a step by step instruction to paint with me. Sign up NOW and invite your friends & family. Please see student testimonials here.
$25 per class. Pay by venmo, paypal, zelle @ firstname.lastname@example.org or mail a check. Email me or call at 1-914-419-3989 for details.
ZOOM Kids Art Class on Wednesdays @3:00-4:00 pm PST. $25 pp. Ages 6+
Ready for an Art Adventure, Kids? Join me for a fun class on Wednesdays @3-4pm. I do a live demo in every class. Kids paint along with me in a medium of their choice. For this class you will need painting surface of your choice (paper, canvas or panel), painting medium (water color, tempura, acrylics, crayons, oil pastels or markers) and desire to have fun with color. You can also have some pencils and an eraser handy to make the sketch. We will talk about breaking down the painting into simple shapes and I will offer a step by step instruction to paint with me. Please see student testimonials here.
Price $25 per class. You can pay by paypal, venmo or zelle @ email@example.com. Email me or text/ call at 1-914-419-3989 for details.
If you need help with supplies below are a few ideas:
- Acrylic set: There are many good brands out there. Here are two suggestions: Liquitex Basics, Golden are good brands.
- Brushes: A few round, flat brushes
- Water bowl
- Rag/ paper towels
- Oil pastels: Mungyo oil pastels. Pentel oil pastels- beginner grade.
- Water color set: Prang water color set. Many other brands that work as well.
- Water color paper pad: Cansonwatercolor paper.
Supplies needed for soft pastels.
- Soft Pastels: To get started a great brand will be Mungyo soft pastels as it’s a cost effective and quality product. Click here to see details on Amazon.
- Soft pastels, option 2: Another of my favorite sets that’s good quality and not to pricey is Nu Pastel set of 24. Click here to buy from Amazon.
- Uart 400 Sanded Pastel Paper: Perfect surface for soft pastels. Doesnt buckle even when you use water in your underpainting process. Click here to buy from Amazon.
- Fixative: (optional) I like workable fixatives as I can keep building layers on them. Try Kyrlon workable fixative. Click here to buy from Amazon.
- Storage, bags: To store your pastel art you can find various different brands of flea bags. I had bought this one last time. But you can just as well buy others that are equally as good.
- Storage, paper option 2: A lot of pastel artists also use glassine paper to store their pastel art. Here is a link to amazon.